Thursday, February 11, 2016

Carry love and kindness with you

The first thing I started with was my distress ink, I use peacock feathers for the top and worn lipstick for the bottom half. I started to apply the ink directly to the page but it was to hard to apply, this is thick 300g watercolour paper.  I then decided to gesso over the ink and apply the ink again.  Works great, blends perfectly.
   
There the ink is already applied, and I stamped using some seedless preserves and salty ocean distress ink to bring out the colours.  I added stars to the background using white gesso and a stencil I have made with my Brother scan n Cut.
I found some left over pattern paper that I wanted to use and drew a watering can on it.
 
I cut it out and use my purple gelatos to go over the edges for shading.

 Here I traced around the edges with a pencil to get an idea of there it would be placed and just shaded with pink gelato to make a nice border.            
I drew some flower shapes on left over cardstock and coloured them with gelats, and gave it a thin coat of pink metalic paint, in the middle I used some Faber Castell Glass bead glitter gel for a special touch.


 Stick it all down 

  Played with some stencils and Texture past.

  Finished the words with a black and white marker and my white marker went spat on the page, luckily I could still save it, but then used the scooped up ink from the marker to make the white splats.  I liked it.
Hope you have enjoyed this as much as I have, I will put a quick video of the end result up shortly, just so you can see the pretty shine of the glass bead and glitter gel... (love this stuff) 

PLEASE leave me a comment if you liked this, any suggestions welcome, and be sure to subscribe to my youtube channel.  

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment